Thread: Help with ram.

Default Help with ram.

Hi there.

I compaq 5bw 5000a runing windows xp pro. well everthing is working fine now.. This one thing has aways poped and i aways hit f1. I don't have the ram it came with and ever seens then i get to boxes that pop up on the bottom left and right. The left one says ignore f1 and the othere is f10 the bios. everthing works i just want that to stop poping up.. I allready had one person miss up my computer by going in to the bios i don't want it to happen again.

Can you give the complete message and when does it pop up, just on start up or while using the computer? Charlie

Only when the computer starts up. It loads the new ram and gives a erorr becouse its not the old 128 mb ram. After that the i get the f1 f10 thing.

I'm still not sure exactly what the question is. It shouldn't matter if you changed the RAM if the new RAM is the correct type and speed. Try running chkdsk /f (note the space between the k and / Click start, run, enter chkdsk /f then hit enter. It will ask if you want to run it on restart, hit Y for yes, then reboot. It will run on reboot. See if that helps. Charlie