Default Problem of Mass mail delivery failure (sorted)

Hi, several weeks ago through this site Steamwizz and others tried to solve the problem but were unable to as it was evident the problem was with Wanadoos ISP who would not address the problem as one would expect, they just kept me going around in circles, posting back pro forma replies.I got 1500 spam related in ONE day alone.
    I decided to do what steam suggested and change my email address and have gone with Bt a week ago and all is well.
    I have one small problem, when i try to test my line speed bt tells me i have to close down any open programmes which i do but it keeps saying i have MICROSOFT MESSENGER running. I have the windows messenger on the task bar turned off, ie a cross through it and as far as i am aware it is off. Your comments please. It is also not on my add/remove program list.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Try Start>Run> type in msconfig startup tab> uncheck MsnMgr (or something like that>OK. Reboot your PC, on the config window that opens click the box to 'not show again' >OK. Keep us posted.

Hi canuck, thanks i did exactly as you said, the messenger icon has gone altogether however bt sill says it is running. As i type the icon has reappeared

Use the tool below from Doug Knox to Disable or Remove Windows Messenger, that will solve your problem. HTH

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_mess_disable.htm
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

hi Bear, i tried to just disable messenger for all users but for whatever reason after ticking the box(s) it wouldn't APPLY. I then ticked removal because i can reinstall it at a later date now that Ive checked my connection speed is OK. ITS WORKED. however i cant understand the program running when it was switched off. Will this apply to all bt customers with messenger or is it my machine settings. Many thanks for yet another successful outcome.