Default Printer printing color prints in blue or pink....

Color prints coming out blue when using Epson C84 printer or pink when using brand new Lexmark Z615.
    All cartridges are new. Tried printing from the web, Photoshop, Window picture viewer, Word.
    Always the same problem.
    Updated drivers for printers, up to date with windows update.
    Besides this problem NO issues with PC.
    Had this problem 1.5 month ago. Due to kernell and memory issues had to reformat HD and re-install WindowsXP a bit later. Same problem only it went from printing color prints in blue to printing them in pink.....

Thank you for your help.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Try uninstalling printer drivers, disconnect printer from PC. Now download or install latest drivers .. reboot. Make sure drivers are installed then shutdown PC. Connect printer and boot up. Plug and Play should recognize new hardware .. follow any instructions given .. even if asked for driver do so, using the updated ones you already have. Do not rely on Microsoft drivers, always download from the manufacturer.

Default this may help.

go to the maintenance tab in each printer. run a nozzle check. sometimes they get clogged. then run a cleaning. also, are you sure the photos are correct as to color? they can look ok on your monitor but be off in color. try sending them to a friend and seeing how they look on another monitor. boyd.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

How are these printers connected. If they are piggy backed to the one USB port the problem may be the USB port.
    If the printers can be connected via the parallel port try them that way and see if there is nay improvement.
    Alternativley try the printer on another computer.
    Remember that most computers have 2 actual USB ports. The others are just extensions.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

Hi mailresuly - This eems to be a big issue with HP printers. Not your make of printer but the solutions here, particularly the 'hot water' one may work for you - http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/inkjet/13694
    Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Thanks to everyone for the recommendations. My personal gratitude to you Galena 1 for your help. Advice from the website you've reffered me to did work on Lexmark Z615. Next I'll try it on Epson C84.
    Thank you.

Some time ago I used ½hot water and ½Ammonia on a print head that had been setting for over a year, then used rubbing alcohol rinse.
    Worked great.

BG