Thread: HELP

Default HELP

I HAVE SOME ISUUES WHICH I HOPE YOU GUYS CAN HELP.

I HAVE SOMETHING BLOCKING SOME STUFF ON MY COMPUTER WHEN ITRY AND OPEN SOME STUFF I HERE A FUNNY NOISE WHAT IS BLOCKING IT?

ALSO I HAVE A BLACK AND INK LASER JET PRINTER HOW DO I ADJUST THE INK. I NEED TO MAKE IT DARKER?

What is the noise that you hear? Also some system details would help - Processor? How much RAM? Operating system 98? XP?
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Default OK

IT SOUNDS LIKE BONK NOISE.

PENTIUM 4

WINDOWS XP

512 RAM

ITS A INSPIRON 8200 LABTOP

Can you get anything up on your screen? Sometimes you will get a noise if a window is open, and it needs closing before you can open something else.

Re the printer try - Start>Control Panel>Double Click 'Printers and Faxes'>Right Click the printer icon and then click on 'Printing Preferences'>'Paper/Quality' tab. Where it says 'Quality Settings' click 'Best' button and then 'Apply'
    OR
    Follow above as far as 'Paper/Quality tab>Advanced. Under section 'Print Quality' click on underlined section and you will get a small dropdown menu. Change it to a higher dpi. Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Default OK

NO NOTHING POPS UP WHEN ITS BLOCKED JUST A SOUND LIKE BONK. I CANNOT FIGURE OUT THE PRINTER THING IT'S A HP LASER JET 4 I CANNOT FIGURE OUT HOW TO ADJUST THE INK

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

When you say "nothing" explain in a little more detail.
    Like blank screen?
    no cursor?
    frozen system?
    Is the sound coming from the speakers or inside the system?
    Is it a clicking sound?
    If it is the latter back up now as your hard drive is ready to die.

If not try and boot into Safe Mode (Hold f* key down when booting)
    If you can get into safe mode you may be able to fix the problem.
    As for the printer Click Start Printers and faxes, choose the HP and then choose Printer> Properties.
    There is also some free utilities around that can reduce ink useage.
    Of course the best way to keep printing cost down is buy generic replacement cartridges. Don't believe the dribble printer makers come out with. There are some inks out there that are as good.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

Please turn off the caps lock - posts are harder to read and considered shouting.

BG