Default Stealing Yahoo passwords?

Hi all -

I know someone who knows someone very knowledgable about computers and he has told me that it is possible to acquire the passwords to people's Yahoo email accounts! This is extremely unnerving, obviously. I don't know how he does it (allegedly), but I was told that he can access some kind of Yahoo database. Does anyone know if this is complete BS, or is this a known problem? Any info would be extemely helpful! Thanks!

Hi yellowrose - There is software available that allegedly will allow you to hack into many database resources. Not quite sure who you would complain to if you paid your money and it didn't work :wink:
    Hackers have accessed government defence systems, banks, and other large, and small, organisations. So yes, I suppose it's possible, but try not to worry about it. The quality of database security is improving all the time. Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Sure it is possible, but not likely. Pass words are handled over a secure https (encrypted ) connection.

Yahoo warns you of this that others,after you sign in, may be able to view what you have typed. Never send sensitive information over this type of connection.

If they have access to you PC, it is all to easy to get any password that you have stored.

BG

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Passwords should be changed often, at least once a month.
    This is a good reason to get hold of a password manage than can create and store your passwords, encrypted for security. Most allow cut and past passwords so even key loggers can't read them.
    Find one that allows you to back up or at least print all your passwords for safekeeping.
    Access Manager is free and the one I use. http://www.citi-software.co.uk/AccessManager.html
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.