Default video no workie???

I just swapped mobo's in my computer. I used the old components, I am under a strict budget laid down by the warden. I hooked all the power wires up according to what is written on the motherboard. I think the drive cables are connected properly. I only have one card in the expansion slots ( a pci video card). The thing is when I try to power up I have no video. The monitor is working properly, I can hear the puter running, I can hear the hard drive spinning. One other thing that is strange, the red led that indicates the power is on goes out after a minute. Could the jumpers be set incorrectly somewhere? I am new to this sort of thing and would appreciate any advice.
    Thanks in advance.

Not near enough info here. Just can't take any old MOB and stick in another PC and expect to work.

Could be wrong jumper stetting, a short, bad socket, bad CPU, etc.

BG

Sorry about the lack of info. The mobo is a socket 370 and takes the pc 100 or 133 ram. The only difference between my old mobo and the new one is the lack of onboard video and ethernet connection. Other than that it seemed to be pretty much the same as far as specs go. Oh and the new board has an agp slot, whereas the old one had just pci. I kept the jumper settings in the default positions according to the documentation that came with the board. Maybe I was wrong in thinking the mobo was toast.
    My computer had been acting up and from the people I talked to I just assumed it was the mobo. Finally one day it just quit working, ie. no video. Now that I look back it is doing the same thing it did with the old mobo, if I'm not mistaken. My computer has been down for some time, so I'm not 100% sure.
    I don't want to lose the data on my hard drive but I can't afford another system to drop the drive into at the moment. I thought this would be the cheapest way to go for now. I know that sounds cheap but that's just the way it is right now. I really appreciate your taking the time to go over this.
    Thanks

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

It is probably more likely the graphics card is toast.
    Did you test it in another machine or test another graphics card in yours.
    Best bet is buy a new card. Considering that even the slowest AGP card is as fast as older PCI cards you should be able to pick up one very cheaply. Gamers are always upgrading and selling off older cards. I even have 2 GeForce MX4000 cards lying around here. They carry 128 meg of ram and will handle most tasks apart for playing high end games. Check out EBay.
    problem with mine is it would cost more to freight it than it would be to pick one up at a 2nd hand place.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.