Default bcWDBghN in Startup for System Configuration Utility

Does anyone know what ( bcWDBghN ) is? Is it a virus, malware, spyware or what? Its in my startup programs for System Configuration Utility on Startup. I have been researching all over the web and I cannot find a thing on it. If I uncheck it and after I reboot its checked again, not only that but duplicates its self. I have around 29 so far and it seems every time I reboot it adds another one, so it’s starting up every time on it’s own when I reboot. On start up item it is ( bcWDBghN ) and on the command line it is ( rutquvru ). If I try to remove the rutquvru in Start Menu, Program Files it tells me I can’t delete profile.dat: Access is denied. Any help will be appreciated.

p.s. I have AVG, Ad-Aware SE, Spybot and CWShredder all the latest versions an updates and nothing seems find or get ride of it, also ran Ewido. :cry:

Have you given your computer a good cleanup ?

Download CCleaner from :-

http://www.ccleaner.com/

After installing, go to Start > programs > CCleaner

Make sure the "windows" tab is selected

Under "internet explorer" tick...

Temporary internet files
    Cookies
    History
    Recently typed URL's
    Delete index.dat files

under "Windows explorer"

Other explorer MRU's

under "System"

Empty recycle bin
    Temporary files
    Memory Dumps
    Chkdsk File Fragments
    Old prefetch data

If there are any cookies you want to keep (if you remove the cookie for a site you require a password for, you will need to re-enter your passward when you next visit that site) ... click options > cookies > then keep the cookies you want.

It is not recommended that any others be ticked – doing so it is at your own risk.

MM

I am still looking for and answer to my first question? :?:

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

It appears to be malware of some type. I suggest you do as advised in http://www.techsupportforum.com/arch...p/t-79205.html back in 12-02-2005 when you asked the same question. You will need to wait till our spyware experts are back from holidays in Jan if you want to post a HJT log.

Your answer is that it is a random entry, most likely some sort of malware.

Our spyware forum will re open sometime on 3 Jan 06.

BG