Default somethin's got ahold on me!

and it won't let go. i had a problem with spyaxe.exe. think i got rid of it. then spyguard, same thing. with both i had constant pop-ups telling me i had malware. got rid of them with smitrem. but now i have something else. i can't run spyware removal or virus scans; the booger turns off my comp. even in safe mode. any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks, boyd. ps: i just checked and spyaxe is back. help!

You have had this a couple of times:

http://www.help2go.com/component/opt...hlight,/#71352

If you are running XP, You can try going to the command prompt and enter:

shutdown -a

Spyware forum is closed until some time on 3 Jan 06.

BG

Default sorry it seems like my previous post.

it's not. this time it's popups which constantly tell me that i need to buy spyaxe, or spyguard, or some such. it has removed my start pages, my favorites/bookmarks, the shorcuts from the bar below my address bar, and who knows what else. i've done a little research and came up with 2 names: mssearchnet.exe and trojan.zlob.d......... now i don't know what to do. i'm an old dude, yet i've only had a computer for 3 years now so some of this stuff confuses me. thanks for the help i've been given on this site. boyd

Here is a canned fix that may work from a very good site, Bleeping Computers:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic36868.html

BG

Default thanks, all!

i finally got rid of it. for now, at least. i appreciate your help. boyd

Default i appreciate your help, basement geek.

thanks a lot. i finally got rid of it (for now}. i used ewido malware removal. free, and excellent. i'm posting this in case others come down with the same problem. this is a great site. boyd