Default dvd burning problems

Hi all
    My problem is to do with dvd movie copying. Currently when I copy a movie disc I find on playback that after about an hour it freezes for a second or so then jumps forward to where it would have been had it not froze, this continues to the and of the movie intermittently. This has been happening for 3 consecutive discs in a spindle of 50 (now down to about 12 or so), prior to these 3, I had copied 4 ok and before that 1 was faulty I have been using dvd shrinke and tdk disc at a speed of 2x for all (I use xp professional and a liteon burner).

I have had similar problems last year, when, due to another problem I reinstalled xp without formatting the hard drive. I had no problem after this but it may just have been a co-incidence however the problem returned in october this year. In between I have copied many disc without a problem.

I reformatted the hard drive in oct this year and now some 2 months later it has started again. During all of this time I have used various brands of disc and now wonder if it is the quality of disc that are the problem.

Ok I have just burned another disc from the spindle pack and after about 75minutes it started to freeze. I made 2 other copies on dvd-rw disc using the same saved files so the only variable is the disc and played them from about the same time into the movie and they played without problems, then I put the first copy in and played it from where it started to freeze and guess what, it played without freezing, go figure. So I am at a lose.

I have tried to find anything on this on the net but there does not seem to be any similar problems encountered.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Wazza

We don't help people copy movies on Help2Go. It is illegal.

See if this will answer some questions.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/131607

(this is the same info we gave back in Jan of this year)

BG