Thread: cant open dban

Default cant open dban

have downloaded dban to desk top tried to unzip a window opened saying spybot can not open or words to that effect. What spybot is doing there is anyones guess.

Went looking for winzip was told it did not exist on system. went and dowloaded winzip only to get half way through set up and a window pops up saying unable to complete as it is unable to find _SETUP.DLL,. googled SETUP.DLL, and got an add to clean my pc with pc doctor another one of these well check out your pc and speed it up for free deals. I ended up paying pconpoint only to find no improvement maybe even slower. So i wont be ripped off again.

Can i use something else to unzip dban?? Or is there a way to get this _SETUP.DLL, thingo.

Hope you are in fine spirits and to hear from you soon Tony

Do you have access to another internet connected PC with a floppy drive? If so make the DBAN floppy on that PC then use it on the one you are having problems with.

sounds like you are wiser now. do you have xp? it's unzipper is ez to use.
    if however, you need a zip utility search google. i haven't used any of these so i can't tell you anything about them but you can check them out.
    http://www.canadiancontent.net/tech/...e/Compression/ or
    http://www.tucows.com/preview/194312

tip. on dban floppy ver. unless you need it don't save the log file write protect the floppy. i don't know why but if dban writes on the floppy at the run end it crushes during subsequent uses. i had to prepare it again and write protect the floppy for keeps.
    we are created with an equal opportunity to be unequal.