Default CD DISK HELP!!!!!!

PLEASE HELP ME WITH FIXING WHY MY CD WON'T SHOW UP ON MY COMPUTER!!! I TEACH A SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASS, AND I CAN'T GET THE CD TO WORK FROM THE MODEM........ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

First off, please don't type in all CAPS ... it's hard to read and also considered as shouting on the internet. You will need to give us a bit more information .. what operating system are you using .. 98 .. ME .. XP? Does your CD drive play music from an audio disk or are you trying to play a DVD?

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

I am a little lost here. CD in the modem????
    I will assume you mean the cd drive on the computer.
    Right-click on the My Computer icon and choose "properties". From there, navigate to Hardware then Device Manager and see if the CD is listed there. If it is, does it have a yellow "!" or red X next to it?
    If so this indicated that the drivers are missing. Right click on that line and choose Uninstall then roboot. With some luck Windows will find it as new hardware and resinstall it.
    If this fails then the steps are a little more drastic and require some knowledge of editing the registry.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

DOLLYDE PM'd me the following:
    Sorry about the all caps....this was my first time posting......I have a Windows XP Pentium 4 if that is of any help. I don't know alot about computers, except my cd is not working. I went to the Dell live chat and was told how to delete my upper and lower filters, but it still won't work. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thank You!!