Default from record and tape to cd.

Hi,I'm getting on a bit,complete idiot with computors.
    When we were young,we played the guitar and sang some Guthrie songs which we have on tape.Would like to know please,how to transfer this to CD,also records?
    Thankyou
    Tramper.

Default records & tapes to CD answer

Literally just joined on this group moments ago and noticed your question with no replies. Transferring and converting old media to C.D. is actually a specialty of mine! So I hope I can help.

I'm sure shamelessly promoting my website where this service is done is frowned upon in this board, so I'll give you the secrets outright...

You don't really need the heavy duty top-o-the-line soundcards and setup that others might recommend. I've been doing this since back when I was running windows 95 on a pentium - slow, but functional! Anyway, I am sure you already have a soundcard installed. You don't really need one that has RCA jacks and all that. Just simply remember to plug into line in jack on the sound card, NOT the mich jack as this is mono, not stereo.
    You'll need an adapter for whatever your source is ... for example if you are coming from a 3/4 inch stereo reciever you will need the adapter to bring it down to 1/4 to plug into the back. Oh and by the way it is highly recommended to go thru your home reciever since the computer and soundcard provide no power/ampage.

And of course the most important part is the software. Magix makes one that's pretty easy to use (and affordable!). I'd be happy to help if you have any more questions about it.

Have a look here:

http://www.help2go.com/Tutorials/MP3...pes_to_CD.html

AslanStore:

from a 3/4 inch
    WOW, never seen one this big before!! ( I assume it was 3/8 head phone jack that you were talking about)

BG

Default 3/4 b4 coffee - it made itself clear as a 3/8 AFTER coffee!

BG - Amazing whjat a hot cup of joe will do to one's brain power. Thanks for the correction! And that link proved way more useful than my skimpy instructions! Great board ya'all have here

AslanStore

No problem/You are welcome

BG

Default Tape to CD.

Thanks Aslan Store and BG,I'll give it a go.
    Tramper.

Default from record and tape to CD

another good software is MusicMatch 6.0 it's free for the download time,too.

Default From record and tape,to CD.

Thanks Swen,I'll check that out.
    I am having trouble,everything is slowing down.Think a nasty has got in.I'll put in a new post.