Thread: LSP-Fix Results

Default LSP-Fix Results

I ran the LSP-Fix because I am getting "Error loading stlb2.dll". After I ran it I still cannot get online. The results are as follows:

mswsock.dll Tcpip
    winrnr.dll NTDS
    CSLSP.DLL (Protocol Handler)
    VetRedir.dll (Protocol Handler)
    rsupsp.dll (Protocol Handler)

Please help.

Thanks.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Seeing stlb2.dll is enough for me to avoid the software. It is part of adware.
    I would guess that if you have run a spyware/adware scanner it has removed stlb2.dll.
    If the software refuses to install without that file then your best bet is don't
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

Default stlb2.dll

"error loading stlb2.dll" shows up whe I turn on my computer.
    My computer will download mail into Outlook however I cannot go online. So the connection is there, but the browsers aren't working.
    I tried the LSP-Fix and the browsers pop up faster but still show cannot "display page".

The instructions on the LSP-Fix said to post the results here if I still cannot get online. Here are the results again:

mswsock.dll Tcpip
    winrnr.dll NTDS
    CSLSP.DLL (Protocol Handler)
    VetRedir.dll (Protocol Handler)

Thanks.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

You are not listening. LSP is spyware. Any decent anti spyware or virus program would have rendered it useless. That is why the DLL file is not found.
    You can choose to reinstall LSP and forgo your security of get rid of LSP. The latter is recommended.
    Forget about what it says and what it reports.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

whoozhe ... LSP is spyware ?

I think you meant stlb2.dll is spyware

LSP = Layered service provider ...is the route your connection takes from your computer to the internet...

your connection travels through each of the files listed in lspfix (like a chain)

what you are looking at are registry values, which reference files for the connection to go through, if one of those files is missing (removed by a spyware remover) but the reference is left in the registry, it is like taking a link out of the chain and will break your internet connection, thats where lspfix comes in, it will reconnect the chain...

First we need to know what operating system you have, as the files required in the winsock chain are different for each os.

mswsock.dll Tcpip
    winrnr.dll NTDS
    CSLSP.DLL (Protocol Handler) > McAfee Antivirus
    VetRedir.dll (Protocol Handler) > VET Antivirus

If you have removed McAfee Antivirus or VET Antivirus then the corresponding file will have been deleted and that is breaking your connection...

As for the message you are getting at startup..."I am getting "Error loading stlb2.dll".

This is most probably occurring because you have run key trying to run the now non-existent stlb2.dll file...

Post a hijackthis log to this thread and your thread will be transfered to the spyware forum, where we will be able to help you.

steam
    Look here for Ways to keep your computer safe
    M'SOFT MVP -Windows Security 2004/8 .member ASAP -