Default Admin rights issue

Greetings!
    I have had little luck anywhere in getting this issue resolved. I work at a company with about 100 desktops, all running xp pro. A few weeks back we had a mixed environment of xp home/pro and we bought licenses for the home os's and upgraded.
    On two of the machines, I have limited rights logged in as administrator on the domain and limited as administrator local. I cannot access network properties on one to configure its tcp/ip settings, and i cannot install admin - specific programs.
    Re-installs have produced same result. This is a huge issue and I've depleted my fixes with no luck.
    (of course, there's always fedora, but try convincing window-loving users to go penguin)
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks, and keep up the good work.
    -eccross

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Ask whoever has admin rights. Whoever admins the network obvioulsy, and rightly so, doesn't want anyone doing anything to the network.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

thanks whoozee, I forgot to mention, I am the net admin. (when i said I had limited rights, I meant that windows was tampering with the admin user. Admin=God rights)I have all the local and domain passwords ( i created them) I just dont want to try another os reinstall. So its not a matter of obtaining passwords, its a matter of the OS screwing up somewhere. Any Ideas?
    As I said, admin local and admin on domain produce the same error.

anyone got any suggestions?