Default Problem while connecting to wifi router

I am using Windows XP & trying to configure Thompson WiFi router.

The router has been successfully configured & is being displayed in the wireless network list of my PC.

When I try to connect to the network, it gives me a message, the network has limited or no connectivity, as the network didnot assign a network address to the computer.

Can someone help me on this?
    Cheers,,,

Default Wifi connect problem

Usually the network address needs to be changed. Prior to WiFi installation you probaly had a address such as "joeblow@aol" for email and the ISp was as an example "aol.net..."

With a router, the network address, "aol.net" now becomes a pure numeric. 128.790.778 (as an example).Your ISP should be able to tell or give you the new network address.

This happened to me when I hooked up my first router, once you have that new address and if this works, write that address down in case you require it in the future.

I hope this helps.

Default Problem while connecting to wifi router

Thanks eagle
    But where do i mainatin this netwrok address?
    any settings? Pl let me know.
    Thx

I just checked my router documentation and realized that the network address was assigned automatically through router setup.

I don't know if you have already tried to re-install the router, to see if that would rectify the problem. If that fails I would suggest calling the router manufacturer, they normally have a tech that can walk you through problems. It is normally a 1-800 number.

I know when I had problems with my router, their help desk (D-Link)were responsive and led me through the problem(s).

I recall I had to call my ISP to reconfigure my email to get it through the router.