Thread: BELKIN WIRELESS

Default BELKIN WIRELESS

hi i just got a belkin wireless for home and small office. my house is pretty big but its still a house and my laptop always gets a really low signal. is there anything i can place in my house to improve the signal. also does the mother computer always need to be on. thanks

Default Re: BELKIN WIRELESS

Quote Originally Posted by jp80
    hi i just got a belkin wireless for home and small office. my house is pretty big but its still a house and my laptop always gets a really low signal. is there anything i can place in my house to improve the signal. also does the mother computer always need to be on. thanks
    You can purchase a wireless access point to place the access point closer to the location of the area where the laptop is used most often. You can also check into a signal boosting antenna. As for your 2nd question no the main computer doesn't need to be on unless you are using a crossover cable & ICS (Internet Connection Sharing)
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.