Default problem with batch file to record streaming radio---again.

The link for live radio has again somehow changed to prevent the previous successful batch file from running. Now you click the "listen live" link and it will start,but the source code or url must have changed. Can you help patch this up so a schedued task's batch file will again launch the stream?? PartieHonteuse was a HUGE help last time. Here is the link to the radio station, at the upper left is the "listen live" link to somehow automate. I hope this is possible. Thank you again!!

http://www.wgst.com/main.html

WGST 640 braves radio.

Member Help2Go Moderator

Yeah this one was fun. They did change their information but it wasn't impossible to grab the link. What you'll have to do is save the attached file in this post, extract the index.html file from within it (preferably extract it to C:\index.html so the batch file can find it easier). Then your batch file would look like this...

Code:
     @echo off
    cls
    start iexplore.exe C:\index.html
    goto EOF

:EOF

Unbelievable! But when I tried to save it to the C:\index.html , it said it was password protected. If I typed in my user password, it said it was a read only, system, or hidden file and would "replace the existing one." Like I didn't know I even had an existing one......Should I just save it to the default or what? Whatever I did do, I was able to save the extracted file in the C drive not in a folder, just by itself, and the new batch file works!! Yeah. But I got a little scared thinking I was replacing some other "index" file. Maybe I did and I'm screwed, what do you think? Thank you again.

Member Help2Go Moderator

well I don't know any software that's "legit" that puts an index.html file directly on the C: drive but there are billions of software packages out there and I have probably only touhed about 2%. If something doesn't seem to work after overwriting the file then you're more than welcome to post another question. Other than that I think you should be fine. It sounds like you've already overwrote it but incase you haven't I wouldn't mind seeing what it is. Go to a command prompt (start menu > click "run" > type "cmd" [no quotes] > click "ok" button). Once the command prompt opens type this..

Code:
    attrib -h -s -r C:\index.html [press enter key]
    Once you've done that, that should show the other hidden index.html file that's on your C: drive (again, only if you didn't over write it when you extracted mine to the C: drive). Then, zip that file up and attach it to a post here.

Partieā„¢

I did as directed, after hitting enter key, got another command line but no results..used a space before the dashes, but nowhere else.

I'll let it go unless something happens. Thank you very much, you are via this site is a huge help. Happy to donate.