Default Computer Closing Programs on own!Help!

:cry: I'll be working on something, a game, email, video, etc. and the program closes, no warnings or anything... and NO chance to save. What's up?
    I have Windows XP, a new video card(can't remember make), a new sound card, a RAM increase (512 from 256), and 10 out of 36 GB left on my computer (12 GB out of this I have no idea what is using them). :cry:
    Every Role-Player knows: explore EVERYTHING, but... Do I even have to say it?!

Member Help2Go Moderator

Does the mouse move to close the program or does it suddenly close on it's own? You're using windows XP so let's open the start menu > click "control panel" > double click "adminstrative tools" > double click "event viewer". When the event viewer window opens click the "applications" text in the left window to show events from applications. Once in there, if you find any red triangles double click them to see what the error is and let us know. I would do this right at the moment that a program automatically closes on you. This way the errror (if any) would be listed at the top in the event viewer.

Partieā„¢

When I click on the error under event viewer it says, each time it closes out, something similar to this:
    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Application Error
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 1000
    Date: 1/21/2006
    Time: 11:15:44 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: FAMILYCOMPUTER
    Description:
    Faulting application if42le.exe, version 4.20.0.5, faulting module if42le.exe, version 4.20.0.5, fault address 0x000b7628.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
    Data:
    0000: 41 70 70 6c 69 63 61 74 Applicat
    0008: 69 6f 6e 20 46 61 69 6c ion Fail
    0010: 75 72 65 20 20 69 66 34 ure if4
    0018: 32 6c 65 2e 65 78 65 20 2le.exe
    0020: 34 2e 32 30 2e 30 2e 35 4.20.0.5
    0028: 20 69 6e 20 69 66 34 32 in if42
    0030: 6c 65 2e 65 78 65 20 34 le.exe 4
    0038: 2e 32 30 2e 30 2e 35 20 .20.0.5
    0040: 61 74 20 6f 66 66 73 65 at offse
    0048: 74 20 30 30 30 62 37 36 t 000b76
    0050: 32 38 0d 0a 28..

Hi,
    Mormon what are the specifications on some of the programs you run? Can the computer meet those requirements? I'm sure that admins will recommend you get belarc, which will give a better idea of what your video card, processor, etc.

I used to have a problem with programs randomly minimizing, turned out it was spyware, adware, etc. You may want to ask the admins about what programs they would recommend to run a scan and see if you have any issues there. I know they gave me a bunch! :P Along with those, it could be a virus of some sort.

As for your hard drive, depending on the manufacturer, mine for instance are HP's they use several GB of hard drive space. So when it says for instance I have a 250 gig hard drive. I actually only get 225, and only that amount shows up. Its being used for something important, I don't think that at least is anything to get alarmed about.

As for the error, thats well beyond my expertise, if you can call it expertise :roll: , Just thought I'd give you a few things to start off with. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. :?

I try to make sure my computer has at least double the requirements for ANY program I buy. The highest any program on my computer is, is only 2/3 of my computer's operating systems, etc.

I have a feeling it's a spyware program, but my computer came with a built-in virus, anti-spyware program that WON'T let me remove it :cry: , and it DOESN'T let me install any others naming THEM as viruses and removing them :cry: . The guy who upgraded the video card and sound card (although I could have done that :roll: we let a professional do it because we had it upgraded when we replaced the power supply) said that even he couldn't remove it without uninstalling EVERYTHING on the computer and then reinstalling it. I think I have figured out a way (Thanks to the anti-spyware documents on this site.) to remove it but first I need to find some free programs.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

What is the name of your anti-virus program? To check for malware, follow the instructions here http://www.help2go.com/Tutorials/Pro...Hijackers.html . The last step asks to post your HJT log, do so and post it to this thread .. the experts will take a look at it for you.

I'm running some free scans now. :twisted: My computer's virus scanner has tried 3 times to close the scans before they have completed. 8) But the scans have actually continued to work. I just hope they will find what's wrong :? .

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Are you using Embroidery Software such as Tajima DG/ML Embroidery Design File or Pulse Signature 2000? If so it is causing the problem. That file relates to them.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

The computer now freezes when I run the online scans. :cry: I've figured out a way to remove the problem but I've got to buy a virus scanner first. Thanks for all of your imput. :lol: It really helped me to solve my problem. :lol: It is a glich from the manufacturer in the virus scanner, it was installed wrong or something. :? (or at least that's what Microsoft says ) so they told me to go through and manually remove the virus scanner and all of its files (even the history) and put a new one on. It'll take me at least a month to figure that out.(Actually I've already figured it out thanks to all the folks at Help2Go)