Default can't change screen resolution

I have windows XP and recently installed Jump Start Advanced for Toddlers on my computer. I have a Dell laptop. Now the screen resolution is huge. It is hard to work with. When I go to the control panal and go to advanced to get to the screen resolution, it says it is set at normal and I can't change it anyways, it is grey and unclickable. Every once in a while a random message pops up saying something about the resolution being messed up and switches it back. This also happened after downloading and playing Luxor from Yahoo.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
    teamslattery

Hi - Sounds like a problem with the driver for the graphics card.
    Go to the link below and download and run this free program. Post the details listed under 'Display' from the Belarc report. Also some other system details might help - Processor? How much RAM? Hard Drive size?Do you have any Dell repair/restore discs? Regards.

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

According to Knowledge Adventure, the makers of Jumpstart, you must have the latest graphics drivers installed.
    There is a known problem with the program not shutting down properly when closed.
    After you close it press Ctrl Alt Del and look under Processes. If Jumpstart is listed end the process.
    Also check with you graphics card maker's site to see if they know of the problem. They may have a patch.
    If all fails Knowledge Adventure do provide email support.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.