Default Lost internet connection

After installing a Belkin Wireless G Plus Router, I am having trouble with my internet connection. It isn't a major problem but it is annoying. At least 2-3 times a day I will either be online and lose connection in the middle of doing something, or I just can't connect to the internet at all, I will get a "page not found" message. After "restarting" my computer everything is fine until the next time. At first it was just once a day, now it seems to be happening more frequently. I disabled my Zone Alarm and tried that for a while and had no problems but I don't want to run without my firewall protection. Is there something I need to do to make my wireless router work with my zone alarm? I checked in my Belkin user manuel but it really didn't answer my problem. Thanks again for any help that is out there.

Hi

You know... I'm having the same problem :roll:

I also have a Belkin Wireless G Plus Router...

When the internet connection becomes very slow or fails, I reset the router ... unplug it for two minutes, then plug it back in, once the ADSL light is solid again (far left on the router) your good to go again...

I haven't worked out what is causing it yet.

steam
    Look here for Ways to keep your computer safe
    M'SOFT MVP -Windows Security 2004/8 .member ASAP -

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Have been reading miles of complaints about this router.
    One solution was to change the security settings from WPA-PSK with TKIP to WPA-PSK with AES (i.e. WPA2).
    This reduced the number of disconnections dramatically.
    This router has limitations and some quirks that may never be fixed.
    My personal thoughts are that Belkin has major incompatabilty issues. I have confirmed this with other Belkin products,
    One big one is with cordless phones, especially Panasonic brand.
    If you are using cordless phones I suggest you kmove up to the 5.X mhtz type.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

Default Belkin Router

Well I think you answered my question!!! I have a Panasonic cordless telephone and it is on the desk where my router is located also. Would it help if I moved the telephone?

Try keeping the phone(s) off, remove the base station/unplugged and see if it is the cause

BG

Default Zone Alarm Firewall

I moved my panasonic cordless phone base into a room far away from my wireless router and this seemed to have worked because for 1 1/2 days there were not connection problems for my internet. I just tried getting online and again I could not connect. I tried my outlook express and again couldn't connect. This time I turned off my Zone Alarm firewall and tried again and everything worked fine. I don't like having my system unprotected and I turned the firewall back on and tried again, and still no connection. I'm getting frustrated now, I thought the cordless phone was my problem and now this. Anyone have any ideas about the firewall. I shut it down before I installed my wireless router, and did everything by the book. Is there something I missed!!!!