Default Unlocking my earlier thread on thumbnails

Hi Canuk,
    I will apologise before I go any further because I'm sure that this is not the way to do what I want, but being new to Help2Go I don't know what the right way is - very sorry - please enlighten me.

I have acted upon all the advice in all three of my postings, as you will see from my replies, but none of them has got me any further at all, so I wondered if it was time to unlock my thread on the thumbnails?

I still do not have a proper C:drive icon
    I still cannot have photos displayed as thumbnails, only as file icons
    I still get Adobe Elements 3.0 auto-launching when I put a compact flash card into my card-reader because I still have not been able to delete or remove it at all.

Help, pretty please.

Your post has not be locked- so far I guess body can answer the question.

Continue with the original post, please.

BG

Default My thumbnails thread is still locked

Hi again basementgeek,

You posted on Monday to say that my Photo thumbnails thread was not locked but I looked at it on Monday and it defiinitely was locked.

Today is Tuesday, 16.30 UK local time. Having read your reply I went back to my original thread, (it's on page 4), to check. Yes it definitely is still locked. If you look at my posting on the whole page of postings you can see the padlock symbol on the left. If you read the thread on its own page there is a thread-locked button at the top, lefthandside and another at the end of it at the bottom.

It's still locked - honest :wink:

Please send me the link, as I still not seeing it.

I will check it out

BG

Default Can/cannot see locked thread posting

Hi basementgeek,

It's very weird that you can't see this and I can"! What is going on, I wonder?

Ok, the URL for Page 4 where I have just been yet again and seen the message is:

http://www.help2go.com/component/opt...s,0/start,150/

And the URL for the messages where you can read Canuk's message saying he is going to lock it for the time being is:

http://www.help2go.com/component/opt...topic/t,17623/

Hope this helps, thanks again for sticking with this for me.

Default Can/cannot see locked thread posting

Hi basementgeek,

It's very weird that you can't see this and I can"! What is going on, I wonder?

Ok, the URL for Page 4 where I have just been yet again and seen the message is:

http://www.help2go.com/component/opt...s,0/start,150/

And the URL for the messages where you can read Canuk's message saying he is going to lock it for the time being is:

http://www.help2go.com/component/opt...topic/t,17623/

Hope this helps, thanks again for sticking with this for me.

Default My thread now displaying as unlocked - thanks

Thank you very much, my thread on photo thumbnails that was on page 4 has now moved to page 1 and is unlocked.

However, I am still back at square one. If you look at all my posts I have carefully and accurately complied with all the kind suggestions I have been offered but have got no further at all.

I still have only file icons instead of the desired photo thumbnails
    I still haven't got a proper C:drive icon
    I still cannot get rid of Elements 3.0

The only improvement I've had is that IrfanView is now displaying My Documents in its directory tree so I can now access My Pictures and so I can get IrfanView Thumbnails to show me my photos as I wanted. I have done nothing myself to achieve this improvement - it just suddenly started behaving itself.

So at least I can now see my thumbnails, but I shouldn't have to be loading up a program like IrfanView to do this, so I still would like to make WindowsXP Home do its own job properly if anyone can suggest what to try next.