Default Mouse pointer freezing

My Mouse pointer keeps freezing and disappearing; the mouse is five years old? I tried to download Panda Scan and Housecall but failed to do so, this was to find out if I had a Virus cheers Jim.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

What kind of mouse Jim? If it's a roll ball on the bottom, you can unscrew the plate around the ball, take the ball out and clean it with spirits to remove grease .. take a cotton swab with spirits and clean the rollers inside the mouse. Check that it is plugged in securely. If an optical mouse, clean underneath with a mild moist soap solution and again check plug in.

If none of this does the trick, try downloading a new driver from the manufacturer's site. Also, see if the mouse works on your other PC .. if it does, and new driver doesn't work .. perhaps you should submit a HJT log.

PS. Mice don't last forever, and are cheap to replace.
    Keep us posted.

Jim what is your CPU usage % ? How much free space do you have on the HD ?

BG

Hi Canuck
    I went and got a new Mouse and up to now it is working aok thanks for your help. Regards Jim.

Hi Basementgeek I have 20gbt free space, sorry I dont know what CPU % is it will help if you can tell me where to look for this item thank you regards. Jim.

Hi Jim - As your problem seems to be resolved I don't think you cpu usage is required. It may have been an indicator of other problems.
    Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Hi Bob. Thanks cheers Jim