Default Kodak digital camera software

I have a Kodak digital camera - only about 3 months old. The Kodak camera software is awful, takes ages to load up and I've had to repair it 3 times already. Is there an alternative software that I can use with a Kodak camera? The printer software (Lexmark) has camera software with it but I have a problem with the display on this PC (an old problem which I haven't been able to rectify) which the Lexmark software highlights.
    I just want to be able to download my photos!

I'm running Windows 98se on an older PC and have small memory 128mb

Thanks gemini

Member Help2Go Moderator

Install the software, just don't use it. That way, you'll get the USB driver that Windows 98 needs to recognize it. Then, you can use something like Picasa (2) from Google, it's free and will recognize cameras installed so you can pull your pictures from it or you could even use Windows Explorer. Once you install the software for the camera, it should just show up in My Computer as a removable drive. You can open it cut/copy/paste if you'd like to do that. I've noticed though that for some reason on both my XP machines and my 98 machines that Windows Explorer takes a heck of a lot longer to pull the files from the camera (Canon PowerShot A95) than does Picasa.

Partieā„¢

Thanks I'll have a look at Picasa. this Kodak software is some of the worst I've ever come across. gemini

Unfortunately the system requirements for Picasa 2 are Windows 2000/XP and I only have 98SE.... anybody got any other suggestions?

Gemini

I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Thanks a lot - I have the software now and it looks easy enough to use..

Good
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome