Default Internet Explorer automatically disconnects

Whenever I log on to the internet, my connection to the net gets disconnected automatically after 8 minutes.Then I have to reconnect and the same problem repeats.After three or four reconnects sometimes the whole thing gets stuck and I have to restart my computer in in order to bring it to the normal state.

Default Re: Internet Explorer automatically disconnects

Quote Originally Posted by Nideesh
    Whenever I log on to the internet, my connection to the net gets disconnected automatically after 8 minutes.Then I have to reconnect and the same problem repeats.After three or four reconnects sometimes the whole thing gets stuck and I have to restart my computer in in order to bring it to the normal state.
    Look under your internet connection settings and see if the auto disconnect/ideal feature is enabled.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

More info please. Are you on dialup?
    other possibiblties are you have a virus, trojan or a dialer. Run and UPDATED anti virus scanner and spyware scanner like adaware.
    Also check to see if you have outlook set to check your email every X amount of minutes and disconnect one downloads are finished.
    Also if you use IE to dial in, don't Disable it via Tools, Internet Options, Connections. Check Never Dial A Connection. (Only applies to dialup)
    To manually dial up Open the Dial-up Networking folder.
    On the Connections menu, click Settings.
    Click to select the Show an icon on the taskbar after connected check box.
    Click OK to close the Dial-up Networking Settings window.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.