Default Taskbar question

Is there a way to clear old icons that appears in there notifications area in the task bar? I can see these icons when I right click on the taskbar and click properties and then customize where it lists loads of old icons I don’t use anymore.

Sadly clicking restore does not clear them, is there somewhere else I can go to do this?

I’m running XP SP2.

Thanks

J

Hi sunhawk -
    Some times When you check your TasKbar properties or when you hide or unhide icons you can see old icons from Uninstalled or old programs you dont have anymore. Back up your Registry

This Tweak will help you how to get rid of this problem Thanks to leobull of Xperience.org
    How To clear the Past Items or Icons list in the TaskBar, perform the following steps:
    1.Open Regedit Navigate to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\TrayNotify

2.Delete the IconStreams and PastIconsStream values

3.Open Task Manager, click the Processes tab, click Explorer.exe , and then click End Process .

4.In Task Manager, click File , click New Task , type explorer , and then click OK .
    Regards
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Quote Originally Posted by galena1
    Hi sunhawk -
    Some times When you check your TasKbar properties or when you hide or unhide icons you can see old icons from Uninstalled or old programs you dont have anymore. Back up your Registry

This Tweak will help you how to get rid of this problem Thanks to leobull of Xperience.org
    How To clear the Past Items or Icons list in the TaskBar, perform the following steps:
    1.Open Regedit Navigate to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\TrayNotify

2.Delete the IconStreams and PastIconsStream values

3.Open Task Manager, click the Processes tab, click Explorer.exe , and then click End Process .

4.In Task Manager, click File , click New Task , type explorer , and then click OK .
    Regards
    That's fantastic, exactly wanted I wanted to know thanks galena1!