Default Mysterious Problem

hi all,

Two weeks back I heard a laughing sound in my computer, there was no program running I was just staring at the desktop and I heard a guy laughing, I thought it would be some virus or something and I checked for it , but the scanner didn't find anything, and today I just heard the same sound this time it was a lady laughing, it was a scary laugh. What is there in my computer? is it a sound virus sitting in my pc for a longtime ? lol

I just posted to see whether someone else had the same problem.

thanks,

Nripen

Hi - Could this be a friend playing a joke? I picked up the article below on Google. Apparently the laughter was also heard when the machine was disconected and being moved. :shock: Is yours a wireless system? Theoretically, I suppose, a signal could be picked up, couldn't it? If it's a tower/desktop remove the cover and see if anything has been put inside. I have seen, years ago, in a Joke Shop, a 'Laughing Box' that was triggered by a small vibration.
    If all else fails you could always Google 'Exorcists' and 'Exorcisms' :P Regards.
    Article -
    Hmm, well I hope you'll excuse us from being so cynical but it is highly unlikely that you are the victim of a virus, more likely you're probably the unwitting target of a practical joke. The fact that three separate virus checkers cannot find the virus should be indication enough, but the real clincher is when you unplugged the power leads and it still happened. We've also checked several virus encyclopaedias and found no reference to laughs emanating from computer speakers. There's not much room in the BIOS for anything other than your BIOS information, so it would be quite difficult for a virus to hide in there, and also, the CMOS battery is far too small to power the onboard speaker. We suggest you take the lid off your PC and have a look inside as it sounds as if someone has put something inside to wind you up.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

thanks for the reply. No, my computer was turned on when this happend both the times, my system isn't wireless, i'm on LAN. can a hacker play a sound file in my pc through LAN ?

Theres nothing in my tower I opened it and saw, the Sound came right from the speakers, when it came I looked at the speakers. it was scary.

I've Avast Antivirus home edition, it reports alot of Intrutions to my pc from local ip addresses everyday. I think it must be a hacker playing a file in my pc & trying to scare me!! :evil: