Default sign on screen says "enter network password"

I am running win me and get a message on startup wanting a "network password", but I don't use one. I just hit enter and it goes on loading. Is there a way to stop it from asking me the same question every time I sign on?

Try this first:

1.Click on Start, then Settings, then Control Panel.

2.Double-click on Passwords.

3.Click on the 'Change Windows Password' button.

4.Type in your old password (if any), but do not type ANYTHING for a new password.

5.Click on the OK button and then close the Passwords window if it's still open.

6. If prompted for a password when you reboot, leave the password box blank and hit OK. (do not cancel)

If that doesn't work, try this:

1.Click on Start, then Settings, then Control Panel.

2.Double-click the Network icon.

3.Make sure that the Primary Network Logon is set to Windows Logon.

4.Go back to Control Panel and double-click on Passwords icon.

5.Click on User Profiles tab, make sure "All users of this PC use the same preferences and desktop settings" is checked.

And if that doesn't work, then try this:

1.Click on Start, select Find and enter *.pwl

2. Highlight all the *.pwl entries and delete them, make sure that you only delete files in the C:\Windows directory.

3. Restart your computer. When prompted for a new logon and password leave the selections blank and press OK.

And if that also doesn't work, then try this:

1. Click Start then select Run.

2. Type in: sysedit and click OK.

3. Close the first three windows until you see the window marked System.ini. Scroll to the bottom of the window. Now slowly start scrolling up and stop when you see [Password Lists]

4. Delete all the entries under [Password Lists] that look similar to: (USER=C:\WINDOWS\USER.PWL) but leave [Password Lists] alone.

5. Close all the windows and when asked to save the file click Yes.

6. Restart your computer. When prompted for a new logon and password leave the selections blank and press OK.

And if that doesn't work, make sure you try this:

1. Click on Start, then Settings, then Control Panel.

2. Double click on TweakUI if it is installed, if not installed, go HERE (http://www.systemsmedic.com/TweakUI.htm) and get it.

3. Click on Network tab.

4. Uncheck the "Log on automatically at system startup" if it is checked.

5. Erase User name, if any.

6. Erase Password, if any.

7. Follows directions about Paranoia tab
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.