Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default firefox acting weird.

i updated to the newest version of firefox and now all windows open as small windows so that i have to maximize them. what can i do about this? thanks, boyd.

Member Help2Go Moderator

right click the shortcut you're using to open firefox then select properties. In the "shortcut" tab where the "run" drop down list is, select "maximized" then click "apply" then "ok" see what happens.

Partie™

Default you're a genius!

thanks, partie! i didn't know that option existed. i appreciate your help. boyd

Default oops!

some of the windows open in full size, but many of them still open with a space on the right (about 20% of screen). whassup? thanks, boyd.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Am checking this out as it happens to me. I beleive it has to do with the way Firefox is handling some site code.
    Lately I am losing faith in Firefox and have moved over to opera for most browsing. Now that opera without ads is free.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

Member Help2Go Moderator

Yeah sorry, I don't know firefox configuration that well since I rarely use it. I'm looking in the user properties files and the config files to see if open maximized is an option. There was a trick to Internet Explorer when it started opening new windows not maximized. You can give it a shot but i'm not sure if it will work or not. WHat you want to do is open a new instance of firefox, then open a few more instances of it so you now have 3 different WINDOWS (not tabs) make sure they are all maximized or full screen. Once they are, close them all out one by one. Then restart firefox to see if that helped.

Partie™

Default thanks, ph.

i tried it, but no luck. the previous version of firefox didn't give me this problem. thanks, boyd.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

It could be caused by a misbehaving extension. Try updating all of them. Often extensions don't work in new versions of Firefox and the delay in getting updates varies. Ususally Firefox disables any that are not compatible but occasionally it misses one.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

Default thanks!

what are misbehaving extensions? lol. and how do i get them to behave? i appreciate your help. boyd

This seems strange, i've never had problems with Firefox like i'm hearing now. Do you have any extensions installed? (Tools > Extensions) Those can cause problems sometimes like mentioned above.
    Still using IE?
    Get Firefox!

My Homepage

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast