Default help with security password on Dell laptop

Hello i received this Dell Inspiron 8500 laptop from my uncle. But there's 1 problem, he forgot the security password he put years ago. Now i've tried to bypass that, but i cant. how can i get rid off that BIOS password??? any suggestions???? thanks a bunch

Ask your uncle for the password.
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

"he forgot the security password he put years ago."
    Not giving away any trade secrets here. remove the Bios battery from the motherboard for 20-30 mins. All BIOS data will be lost.
    You will then have to reconfigure the bios settings.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

I had ask a question in the Dell forum some time ago about a CMOS battery on my Dell Lap top 2500.

Many, many Dells use a Reserve Battery, much bigger battery than a CMOS battery and replacement is not for the faint of heart.

They really don't consider it a "User replaceable part" as it involves a fair amount of disassembly.

May want to consider sign at the Dell Help site, free, as they have Dell people running them. I think they do a good job trying to help, totally unlike their telephone support.

BG

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

I canot recommend this but there may be an answer at http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/topic/21041/
    Having the laptop ownership transfred to you sounds good, as long as you are 100% sure the computer is legal.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

Member Help2Go Moderator

Yeah, I totally agree with Whoozhe on the transfering of the Owner information to your name, especially when it comes to their newer laptops. You see, their newer laptops don't have a BIOS battery in the sense that it's the size of a U.S. nickel. What they do have is a small eeprom chip that actually has to have 2 of it's pins jumped and boy is it a pain in the you know what. You have to take the laptop so far apart that you have access to the motherboard and that certain chip, but you have to have it put together enough that when you jump the 2 pins on it that you're able to power it up and remove the password. That was a 13 hour project for me at one point in time but i got it done.

Partieā„¢

Default PASSWORD SECURITY CHIPS on dell laptop

i can help you or anyone to break the Admi password on all dell laptop

Tom

thomasnguyen

Be very careful were you go here. You can not help people with cracks on this forum

BG