Default Computer isn't booting up at all--Somebody Help Please Pleas

Okay here's the deal...

My computer isn't booting up. I turn it on, it powers on, the dvd drive seems to function, but nothing else. Nothing from the monitor, keyboard,ormouse. It seems to just stop after a few seconds. The computer I have is a custom built one I bought brand new off of ebay less than two months ago. It's a Celeron D 3.06Ghz, p4 motherboard, 512 mb ddr400 pc3200 ram, Radeon 9250 128mb agp8x video card, and a quantum fireball 40gb hard drive. I'm running windows XP on it.

the strange thing is that the computer that I had previous to this one did the exact same thing... I figured it was the motherbard so I bought this new one. Theonly things that the old computer and new computer have in common are the monitor, keobard and mouse, and hard drive.

I have unplugged the monitor to see if tha twas the problem, but it still didn't boot. I tried to switchout the hard drive with an older one, that didn't fix it. I tried unplugging everything besides the power supply, but still nothing. I tried a new surge protector, but to no avail. I am at my wit's end, I don't know what else to try. I don't have a warranty, and like I said, I bought this on ebay so I can't exactly return it. Does anyone have any idea at all what I can try??? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Unity

Do you mean that you are using the same monitor, keyboard and HD from the old PC ?

Have you tried another monitor ?

BG

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

I would look at the software you installed, particularly any that may have been obtained from a questionable source.
    It is unlikely that two different systems would produce the same problem.
    Also take Basementgeek's advice if you are reusing your old monitor etc.
    Best if you try using them on a system you know works just to eliminate them from the problem.
    A question, Did the vendor have a real address and contact number? Never buy anything on EBay unless the vendor can prove who they are and where they reside.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.