Default Synctoy appears on Startup

Hi all,
    Everytime on startup a Folder appears with Synctoy in it, I dont know why this is happening, I Looked for SyncToy in Add/Remove but its not there, Did it come in with some Windows Update? Can anyone help me out I hate that window

Thanks in Advance

Nripen

------------
    P-4 3.0 GHz, 760 MB, 80 GB, Windows XP HE

Member Help2Go Moderator

It'll probably be listed in Add/Remove programs as Microsoft SyncToy.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Partieā„¢

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Synctoy is part of the XP Powertoy group. Check your msconfig > Startup tab for Synctoy>uncheck the box >OK. Reboot and check box that comes up not to show the window again>OK. If it doesn't appear in config >startup, do a search for Synctoy, get back and tell us where it is .. from there we will let you know what should be done. For your info, this is the MS blurb on Synctoy
    SyncToy v1.0 is available as a free download on the Microsoft Download Center. The easy to use, customizable application helps you copy, move, rename, and delete files between folders and computers.
    Keep us posted.

thank you for the replies, yEs I remember now... I installed it from Microsoft Site long back, and it wasn't listed in the Startup items.. and also in Add/remove.. So what I did was checked my pc for spywares and it found some and I removed them and since then SyncToy didn't appear at all its located here C:\Program Files\Microsoft\SyncToy\

and I dont need it, should I just delete the SyncToy Folder Manually ?

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

You can delete it. If it doesn't want to be deleted, it may be running in background. Keep us posted.

hi Canuck, I removed the folder and restarted the pc, nothing happened lol. Its alright now. because sometimes deleting the folder manually brings in new problems. thank you all

Hi - In 'Add/Remove Programs' is the 'Show Updates' box at the top checked? If this was downloaded as an MS update, if the box is not checked it won't show in the list. Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome