Thread: DVI not working

Default DVI not working

Just got the Samsung 930B LCD and bought a DVI cable for it. I'm running an MSI FX5600-TD128 video card and supposedly it should have support for DVI (I mean it does have the female DVI plug where the cable should plug into).

When I plug it via the regular analog VGA (blue coloured cable) everything is fine but when I use the DVI cable, my LCD informs me that there is no signal and I should check the cable which I'm sure is fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

After scouring the net there is not cut and dry answer.
    Have you updated drivers for the graphic's card?
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

Yes I have already updated to the latest nVidia drivers, although I dont think the drivers would have anything to do with this issue since even before turning the computer on, the LCD displays that there is no signal (ie. just like when you disconnect your monitor from the video card).

Ok problem fixed ...all I had to do is press a button on the LCD the button icon is an arrow (like the one on the enter button of your keyboard) its the 2nd button from the power button of this particular model (Samsung 930b). This button apparantly changes the input to digital (ie. tells the LCD to look for the digital signal instead of the analog one).

Hopefully this helps someone out.

peace