Default Access computer on LAN

We have a home network with 4 computers (using a 8 port network switch). Almost every computer is accessible but one (mine). Although it is visible to the others they cannot access files or the printer that is connected to this computer :? . I can access all others.
    Print and file sharing is enabled (from the network console), I have shared my drives and printer.
    I have switched the MS firewall off. Antvirus program (Trend Micro) firewall was also switched off.
    What else should I check? Any ideas will be welcome.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Have you run the Network Wizard on the rogue computer? If not do so. Remember to use the same workgroup name as the other systems.
    Also if other computer have a firewall they may need to add your IP to their trusted zone as you may need for each of their IP addresses.
    I do not recommend Windows firewall nor McAfee.
    Zone Alarm is a better option as is any other anti virus except McAfee and Norton.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

Thanks for the reply Whoozhe.
    I have not had a chance to run the wizard (too much rugby on the box this past weekend ) but I do know that the workgroup on all computer are identical. Could you tell me why I should run the wizard please?

All the other computers have also disabled their firewalls.

Some more info on the whole matter is that we play Counterstrike on the LAN with no problem as long as I am not server. :?

Also as a matter of interest: Why do you say that Mcafee and Norton is not a good choice?

Quote Originally Posted by mannemerak

Also as a matter of interest: Why do you say that Mcafee and Norton is not a good choice?
    Resource hogs as well as very over rated for protection.
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

Aaah I have used Norton before and was never very happy with it for exactly that reason (resource hogging). Don't really know Mcafee. Thanks for the reply.