Default Blue screen: error 0X000000B8

Hi,

I have XP pro with SP2. Computer crashes:

The blue screen of death reads:

*** Stop. 0x000000B8 (0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
    A wait operation, attach process, or yield was attempted from a DPC routine.
    Beginning dump of physical memory.
    Physical memory dump complete. Contact your system admin or tech support group.

Hi claudio - Are you by any chance running two firewalls? If so, disable/turn off one of them. This may be causing a conflict. Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I use Norten Internet secruity and microsft secruity center.

The error message states there is a problem with memories dumping.

Any advice?

Cheers

Claudio

Hi claudio - When does this problem occur? Most references to this error refer to Windows 2000 :? Are you able to use the PC at all? Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Hi claudio - I have found an obscure reference to this problem being driver related so try this.
    'Start'>'Control Panel'>Double click 'System'>'Hardware Tab'>'Device Manager'. You will see a list, each with a + beside it. If you click each + it will list devices of that particular type if there is more than one, eg if you have a DVD drive and a CD drive and click the + next to 'DVD/CD drives' it will detail all of the drives. Each list that you open can be closed by clicking on the - next to it.
    What you are looking for, in the listing, is a '?' or a '!'. If you find one then right click on the device next to it. Click on 'Update Driver' and the 'Hardware Update Wizard' opens. Check the 'Yes, this time only' box and then 'Next'. Follow the Wizard through the various steps.
    Regards.