Default printer problems

hi, I am having the worst luck with my printer...it is an epson stylus C80...I was doing a print job and then all of a sudden the print job stopped mid-way and the "on/off button light and the paper out light was flashing...the ink out light is staying on...it will not allow me to do anything at all....hopefully someone with expertise will tell me that I am out of ink and that is why I cannot continue...my ink low button is set to tell me if there is low ink and I know that it was getting low, but no indication told me otherwise...please advise...thanks

Default Check ink

It sounds like 1 or both of your ink cartridges is out. Don't try to print with it anymore or do a head cleaning. If there is no ink, then you will burn the print heads and there goes your printer. The cheapest thing to do is go on ebay and get a compatible black and color ink cartridge. Try that and see if it prints.
    If not, then get a new printer. They really aren't that expensive. Just amke sure to check and see how much new ink carts cost though.
    Bob

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

You say the paper light was falshing. I assume you had paper in the tray.
    This can be caused by the censor being covered in normal or paper dust or it's faulty.
    Run the utilities that come with the printer. You will find them under Start/Printers or in the control panel. Choose the printer and in the dialog box choose preferences. Loccate the utilities and run all the cleaning tools.
    Also buy a can of compressed air and spray as much dust out of the printer you can.
    If this fails to fix the problem then the printer will need service or replacement, whichever is the cheapest.
    If it does need replacing avoid cheap printer. They end up costing more.
    Using photo copy paper in some printers is asking for trouble. These types of paper are cheap and not bonded well thus producing a lot of paper dust.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

thanks for all the suggestions, however when I tried them up comes the message: there was a error writing to LPT1 for the printer (epson stylus c80 series) there was a problem sending your document to the printer, make sure the printer cable is connected and that the printer is online...Hmmmm stumped

THis is a tough one. All of my printers are Epsons and what you wrote never has happened to me. Epson makes pretty good printers so I don't think the printer itself is broken. You might want to try disconnecting the cable from the printer and computer and reconnecting them. Then, you may want to uninstall and reinstall the Epson Printer Driver. Go online to the Epson website and get the latest driveers for your printer.
    Bob

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

In the days of LPT1 printers the most common fault was, you guessed it, printer cables.
    Buy a new one.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.