Default resume written on microsoft works word processor

Hi, I'm just wandering if i send a resume written in microsoft works word processor the company receiving it is unable to open it up the file. Is there i should know in to resolve this problem?

Not sure if it will open, but since it is a microsoft product, it should automatically translate it.
    But, do this:
    go to: www.openoffice.org

Download the office suite application. After installing it, open the word processor from it. Now, open your resume document, Ctrl A it. Switch to the new word processor, then ctrl V to paste your resume ito it. Next, choose, Save As and choose Word for Windows 2003 .
    And there you go!

Almost all places want documents written with Microsoft Word, not Works. Open Office can save documents as Word documents (.doc), but I am not sure it can read a Works document. You may need to retype it with Open Office, save it as a Word document, then send. Charlie

Member Help2Go Moderator

Here's another idea, download PrimoPDF (it's free) and install it. Next, open your Resume in word or whatever it is you write it in. Go to file > then Print , when the printer dialog window opens select the PrimoPDF printer in the drop down box on top and then click "ok". After you click OK a new window will open asking you where you want to save the PDF. Save it somewhere you can find it. Now, send that file.

PrimoPDF is a free PDF printer driver. It'll create a .pdf out of any thing you want to "print". I have yet to see any company without Acrobat Reader on it. What's really nice is that it will even save the formatting and if you really want you can attach the word document to your email also giving them a choice of which to open.

Partieā„¢