Thread: Screen Saver

Default Screen Saver

Mine is not particularly a pc problem but here it is. I have been searching for a screen saver that will let me customize display items using my collection of pix, so far without luck. Also either and/or a desktop wallpaper changer that i can customize eg frequency, display images, etc. Due to my inexperience with computers I am afraid to get a ss lathed with malicious code. So i would really like to hear what your favorite ones are you would recommend (freeware). I have Jpeg and bmp files. Thank you.
    WinME, 128MB, AMD-K6 500Mh, 14GB

Hi glad - Is it display icons you want to customise on your desktop? or do you want to use your own pictures as screensavers? Or have I completely missed the point? Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Screen saver that lets me use my pictures.
    A desktop wallpaper recycler that i can use my pictures with.
    Either one that can combine both or just one of each.

Member Help2Go Moderator

Doesn't WinME come with the MY Pictures screen saver? If set, any picture in the "My Pictures" folder under "My Documents" will be displayed randomly as a screen saver. IF you'd like, there are other downloadable screen savers that will do pretty much the same.

Also, if WinME doesn't come with the "My Pictures Slideshow" as I assume, then there's a program that's pretty much the same, and free http://www.themeworld.com/cgi-bin/pr...ers/mypics.zip

Thankyou partie. Yes winme has a ss as you said but with seriously limited options comparing to what else is available out there. Thank you for the link anyway i will get it.

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Go to http://sourceforge.net/
    Do a search for wallpaper and pick one.
    Open source is generally safe and ad/spyware free. Anything that includes that stuff is quickly removed.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.