Default ouccurence of checkdisk

thanks 4 the reply... i have another doubt.... whenever i start or restart my system the windowsXP asks for DISK CHECKING all my windows file system is of FAT32 type... but my friends here say that disk checking ll come only if there is improper shut down of WindowsXP.... my system is HP Commercial branded one.. can anyone help me on this topic n i am afraid if the problem is due to my system hardware or is the problem is due to software plz someone help me to sort out this problem....
    MITHUN

Hi mithun - Do this -
    'Start'>'My Computer'>Right Click on your local disc (probably 'C') and select 'Properties'. Click the 'Tools' tab. Click 'Check Now' and a small 'Check Disc' window opens. Check(tick) both boxes and then click 'Start'. Leave it to complete the process. Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

now there is a new problem in my system... when the processes are running in my system suddenly it shows me a blue screen n tells that "if this is the first time such screen appears then restart the system if this occurs again then check ur hardware or else ur bios update" but there is no new hardware updates n iam getting this msg very often... what should be done....
    MITHUN

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Blue screens usually occur when there is a conflict of sorts, mainly with memory.
    This could be as simple as a bad driver. (Being a HP system that is not unusual)
    The blue screen should have an error message which gives some hint of the problem.
    Have you tried to restore the system to and earlier time.
    Have a look at the system restore. (All Programs, Accesories, System Tools)
    There is usually a small notation of what prompted a restore point to be created.
    You can restore the system and avoid doing whatever that notation stated.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.