Default what can I expect

I have just recieved office microsoftword 2003 XP and I am planning to replace this for microsoftworks will there be a problem I should know about and is it possible to replace the works with the word without changing my whole system? :roll:
    I need help again

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Included in microsoftword 2003 XP I believe is Outlook (not Outlook Express). If you're using Express and want to keep it there should be no problem, however if you want Outlook, you will need to save your OE Address Book as comma seperated file which will be easier to import (by default, OE saves as .wab and O saves as .csv format). The only other 'problem' I can see is the word documents that you've saved using works is also saved in a different format, however there is a conversion macro to do this. My own personal preference was to delete the Works program (remembering to save address book) and do a clean install of Office. The two can work side by side, but do take up space and sometimes gets confusing between the word programs and add.book.

Corrected: OE= Outlook Express O= Outlook OE is part of the Windows Operating System, whereas Outlook is more of a business version of OE with many additional features and included with MSOffice (Microsoftword 2003 XP is part of the Office XP suite).

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Before you do anything read http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/as...881161033.aspx
    It shows how to open works docs in Office's Word.
    Install Office first. Make sure all you Works docs can be converted. Once done uninstall Works.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

Default this is to whooishe

Sorry it is the other way around. I have works and I am going to put word on. Rick
    I need help again

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

This is exactly what whoozhe and I are saying :!:

Thanks Canuck. Whoozhe that info helped me, cheers Jim