Default Unable to switch from one user to another!!

A very good day to all of you!

I'm experiencing an odd problem with XP lately.
    Sometimes (not always) it's impossible to make a normal switch to another user.
    When I'm done using the PC I log out and my daughter wants to take over using (naturally) her own account.
    But this doesn't always work as the cursor in the loginfield is missing!

The only option is to do a complete restart. In itself no problem but it COULD be an indication that something is REALLY wrong......and I don't like that.

Anyone with Idea's ? Please let me know.

Try to make sure that all open programs are closed first. Sounds like you have got a program that doesn't want to shut down.

BG

Member Help2Go Moderator

Well, until the problem is solved, you can do the old school logon window. Once you see the logon screen with all the usernames press ctrl+alt+del twice. Then just enter your username how it appeared on the logon screen and then enter the password.

Partieā„¢

Default Close programs and create new...

Try going to Start-Run, then type in MSconfig. Click O.K.--Click the startup tab in the system config utility. Uncheck the boxes that contain a location "common startup or startup. (leave everything else alone) Click apply and close. Click restart when prompted. Afer restart, a message will appear, disregard what it says BUT! click the little check box at the bottom. Click O.K. NOW, go to your control panel (start-control panel) and click user accounts. All accounts will appear. Leave alone the computer adminisrator and click on your daughters account. Select, delete account. Click, Keep files (if you want to keep any docs created), if not just click delete account. Now, create a new account and name it. Be sure you click "Limited Account" You now have freed up memory and created a fresh account for your daughter. If there are more accounts listed in the user accounts and nobody is using them, delete those accounts. You should just have yours, the administrator, and your daughters at this point. Try switching user now. If you have any more problems email me.
    Johnny

A great thanks to all of you!
    I will most certainly try all of your solutions.
    The only thing is: What's causing this and what can I do to prevent the same thing happening in the future ? Are there any progs that I could use to help me with this ?

Dirk