Default Problem with InternalWirelessCard in desktop tray

Hi guys,

I have a Dell computer with an internal Intel Proset wireless card.
    Now, yesterday, I first noticed that in the tray on the desktop there was a red x going acosss the clam shaped icon that represents the wireless card.
    I moved my mouse pointer over the icon and a small message box showed up
    saying (No Supported Wireless Adapters available in the system"
    I right clicked on the icon and the options that came up like Enable Radio, Disable, Use MNicrosof Clietn, etc were all darkened out. The only option that I could choose was Hide Icon.
    But, here is the weird thing. I am connected to the internet! I went to Start->COntrol Panels->Network COnnections, it shows an icon of I3394 connected and an icon of my Intel Wireless card connected. I can click on this connection and have access to the properties like enabling or disabling it.
    The funny thing is , in my desktop system tray, I can't do this. It shows that I don't have an internal wireless card!! Does anybody know what is going on and any suggestions. This is funny because it just happened yesterday.

No clue as to the problem. But since it was just yesterday try a system restore.

BG

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Does the system have an on board Wirless connection.? Check ther manual. if so the icon you see maybe for that particular one. If that is the case and you are happy with the add on card then dissable the onboard one via the BIOS setting.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.