Default Windows explorer has encountered a problem....

..and needs to close. We apologise for the inconvenience.

We are getting this message now more than ever, several times every day. Very nice that the machine is apologising but would prefer it just stop encountering a problem all the time. Is there anything I can do? Machine is running Window XP and is fairly modern, about 2 years old.

I notice also that when I "right click" on anything, it takes fully 30-45 seconds before anything happens. This happens ALL the time. I try to avoid right clicking on anything. Duno if this is a related issue?

Thanks any info.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

I know you've been on site a number of times before, but forget what directions you've been given in the past. Have you followed the steps in this tutorial http://www.help2go.com/Tutorials/Win...n_I_do%3F.html ?

Thanks for the ref., which I checked out step by step, and can honestly report that all those issues have been addressed. This is a really clean machine when it comes to defragmenting, cookies removal, spyware checking, junk files cleaning, etc. Guess will just have to live with this problem. Doing a full format will fix it, but was hoping to avoid that sledghammer.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Take a look at this http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=293623 hope it helps.

Ok thanks, went there and have downloaded from them something called Microsoft Script Debugger and will hope that helps, will report back. (I had thought there was a script debugger on the computer already, but maybe not)