Thread: Gaming issue...

Default Gaming issue...

Hey,

I recently received a new computer, Gateway model: GT5028, and I have had immense problems when I am playing an online game known as "Dark Age of Camelot."

I have gone to their Performance Help and what not, and I still cannot figure out what the problem is. I'm not computer savvy like my brother, I know the basics, it has the required parts for the game to play and yet I am finding myself going Linkdead every 10 minutes, which is extremely frustrating.
    Might just be me because I've had problems with a "Renderer Failure" message on the laptop and now this. This computer is a mere month old and I already want to throw it out the window :P. My brother has tried to help me, but cannot explain everything easily, hence he's in Korea. He suggests that I get GeForce 7800 GT to have the game run smoother. I do have the latests Direct X. And I don't get a renderer message I merely crash and go linkdead non-stop.

I'm not sure if the following will help, but if anyone could suggest, parts or downloads that will help I will gratefully appreciate it!

1394 Net Adapter
    NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller
    AMD Athlon (tm) 64 X2 Dual
    Core Processor 3800+
    2.00 GHz, 896 MD of RAM

Again I'm not computer savvy so I may or may not be able to find any further information but I will include the link to the model I have.

http://www.gateway.com/home/products...t_gt5028.shtml

This probably not the best site for game problems. Try this google search here:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search

My mind was rendered about 30 years ago.

BG

Ok, thank you. I thought I'd give it a shot since I was on my "last leg" of frustration in trying to figure it out. Appreciate the link and hopefully I can fix this crazy problem.

Thanks again.

- Kendra