Default help with windows media player/winamp

Hi, my hubby did a update today while I was at work and downloaded the newest windows media player... well I have always had and loved winamp...my question is that now when I go into my music files I have the icon for the new windows media player instead of winamp...I want winamp back and don't know how to do it...please help :cry:

Hi - Can you do a 'System Restore' to before WMP was installed?
    'Start'>'All Programs'>'Accessories'>'System Tools'>'System Restore'.
    Just follow the instructions. Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Open WMP, click Tools, Options, File Types, uncheck all boxes, click Apply and then OK. See attachment
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Or you can right click on a music file>Open with>Choose program>select Winamp>check the box at the bottom 'always use the selected program to open this kind of file'>OK. If this is not successful, you can change the default player in Folders Options >File Types.

Thanks everyone, but Bear you win the prize for helping me out...my pc doesn't qualify for the system restore, (too old) others were great help too but tried Bears first and it did the trick!!! Again thanks to you all for your fast help

Your welcome, I'm glad we were able to help
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.