Default my cd-rw and dvd-rom drives have gone :( help plz

i dnt know wat i did all i kno is that wen i came on this morning my cd-rw drive and my dvd-rom drive had gone ! How can i get it bck :? ??plz help me some1!

Hi Bambi - Some system details might be a little bit helpful. Is this a well-known make of pc? If so - Make and Model number? Operating system 98? XP? Processor speed? Do you know how much RAM you have?.
    Is this a desktop, laptop, or tower pc? Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Just in case you don't have the above information - you can download and run this free program and it will give it to you -
    http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

Assuming XP, have you tried 'System Restore'.
    'Start'>'Programs'>'Accessories'>'System Tools'>'System Restore'. You just have to follow the instructions to 'turn back' the system to a time before this problem occurred.
    (I hope that you can understand words that are spelt in their entirety, if not always correctly :roll: )
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Learn to spell to start with then maybe I could eunderstand the question.
    Keep abbreviations for Instant Messengers please.
    As for your problem try restoring to a previous restore date
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.