View Poll Results: Have you had problems dealing with IBM now or in the past?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

1 100.00%

Default No help from IBM to remove a motherboard from a IBM computer

It is hope that people can help me with information on how to remove a motherboard from a old Pentium 2 Computer.

As IBM is not much help on answers for an IBM computer as they not only keep telling me "The transfer of the ThinkPad and ThinkCentre Line of products to Lenovo was complete as of May 1, 2005 even those my my Pentium 2 computer (Machine Type 6862 Model Number 27A) is not a laptop or a new computer.

But they have they given me 2 numbers to ring in which one is a Kitchen place in Australia.

goaussie41

I find no info on the PC, does the PC have a name like"Aptiva"?

Are actually going to put money into a PII PC ?, I would not spend much, especially if it is the motherboard is bad, plus where are going to find a replacement ?

Really should not be hard to remove, but it doesn't sound like you are familiar with the guts of a desk top.

BG

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

You can't. IBM machines have propietry compnonents that are not interchangeable, even amongst their own different models.
    Sorry but you would be better off using a new MOBO with a whole new system
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

Default Thanks for the info it is appreciated

Thanks for the info it is appreciated and whoozhe with the price of 2nd hand computer motherboards especially on Ebay I think I will get another motherboard or just a 2nd hand Pentium 3 Computer.

And basementgeek it isn't a "Aptiva" and no I am not going to put money into a PII PC why do you think that?

Because as I am in fact familiar with the guts of a desk top such as upgrading and changing ram, replacing cards and hard drives etc etc.

What I was going to do is take out the old motherboard and put into another computer like an tower unit and replace the pentium 2 with a pentium 3 if I could and yes The IBM Motherboard is hard to remove as I wouldn't be here asking for help since IBM is not much help.