Default pentium vs celeron

Hi
    I going to bay a laptop, but I can’t choose what to bay Celeron or Pentium.
    I know that Pentium eats 6 watts and Celeron 7 watts and that the chase is weaker.
    Some say that Celeron is a biggest crap and some is say is very good same as Pentium, but only cheaper. So who knows what the difference is?
    And one more thing is it a big difference, performance between let says 1.4 GHz and 1.8 GHz motherboards?
    thank you all!

See if the link below is helpful.

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...ium+vs+celeron
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

I did that before I puted this topic. Thta from were came more qoustion to me?

classicboyL

Can you at least type a sentence that makes sense.

BG

if you have 2 matched speeds get the pentium. if you have 1.8g cel and 1.4g pentium what could possibly be that wrong with the cel? the faster one of course. and don't forget a 1.4g cel performance is as good as earlier pentium4 entry systems.
    we are created with an equal opportunity to be unequal.

sorry
    I just want to know deference’s between Celeron vs. Pentium, performance, your opinions.

I think this explains pretty well the difference between a Celeron and Pentium:

http://computer.howstuffworks.com/question268.htm

Since you are building a new "old" PC prices may not be that much difference price between them.

I sent you a Private message a few days ago that you never opened, so I will tell you in public what I said.

If you are going to use chat room style of writing, it will not be tolerated. This is a site run for adults, by adults. So watch the chat lingo/style. OK ?
    Why should people take the time to help you, if you don't have the time to ask an intelligent question/statment. SLOW DOWN when you are writing.

BG

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Comparing a Celeron to a Pentium4 is like comapring a Hyandai to a Ferrari. There is none.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.