Default multiple problems

I'm having multiple problems. I thought at first it was the Server, or just slow on the Internet but the problems are compounding to the point that it takes me about 10 minutes to send an email, if I can send it at all, and the computer seems to sort of " freeze' at times and I have to cancel everything and start from scratch. Sometimes I have to shut the whole computer down and start again. It doesn't fix the problem. Also, my computer is crashing - at least once a day. When it first started, it said, " your computer has just recovered from a serious error , do you want to send a report to Microsoft" . When I click " yes" it says " we've found that the problem is due to Agnitum Pro." Well, I don't have Agnitum Pro installed. I have Agnitum,but not the Pro version. Then it switched and doesn't say that anymore and now it's crashing and saying " your computer has just recovered from a serious error and would you like to send a report to Microsoft" and when I click on "yes" it says that the probelm was caused by a device driver. Here are just a few of the problems :

- when I first log on, it takes forever to get to the address I type in. It will either give me a different site, or say " page can't be displayed" and when i hit " back" it says " sorry page has expired" and I have to start all over again and end up with it either taking 3,4 or 5 minutes to process and actually get me to the address I typed in or it will say after all that, " page has expired ".
    - if I minimize a screen, it will disappear right off the computer.
    -it will say "page expired" for a multitude of reasons. If I click on " back" for a page that had been brought up 30 seconds ago, it will say " page expired", if I try to send an email , or enter an address for a site, it will also say that.
    -I will type in the address of a website and the computer will sort of " freeze'. It doesn't process, it doesn't get me to the site. It just sits there. I click on " back" and it will say " page expired" so I start from scratch and type in the website again and it will freeze and I try to click on "back" and nothing happens, I try to scroll, and nothing happens- the whole thing is frozen. Sometimes will will just take forever to move from one page to the next- the screen goes blank and after 2 or 3 minutes it may give me the next page, then again, maybe not, it may say " page expired".
    - sometimes when I type in an email address instead of saying .....@hotmail.com it will say ....||||||| and then it will glitch and different things will flit across the screen and sometimes it will come up with what I actually typed in and sometimes not.
    - the majority of the time I click on " Inbox" or " draft" or a file name, it will say " page expired".
    -I'm asked alot for string verification because of spammer problems on Yahoo. I type in a really simple string like RB3K. There's no misreading it and it will say, " sorry, string verification was incorrect and your email has not been saved.' That happens alot.
    -I sent an email to a person from a Yahoo address. It went through. The person replied. My second email to the same person didn't go through and it said" your mail from a host without valid reverse DNS was administratively denied ". This same person can reach me but I can't reach them. So I switched to hotmail and was able to email them but the second email didn't go through it just said that the delivery failed and didn't list the reason. This person is waiting for an email from me, they say so, yet I can only reach them once through an email account and after that I can't.
    -If I click on " Inbox" or anything else , it takes forever to process it- like sometimes 10 minutes, 15 minutes and it's still processing it. It either does that or it will eventually say that the " page cannot be displayed". Yet when I contacted the Service Provider they did a check and said that I have high-speed Internet and that it's at the right speed and if there's a problem it's not with them.It just takes hours and hours to get very little done.
    -I can be typing something, like an email and all of a sudden the whole thing is gone. A bunch of stuff will sometimes start popping up like I had typed in options, or upgrades or a list of my activities on the Internet for the last day, week, month, or that I had minimized the page, or that I had intentionally deleted the page altogether- which I did none of. It's like a malfunction.
    - I can try to cut and paste something and when I click on " paste" there's nothing on the page. I will do the whole process again, and still, nothing on the page. After various attempts, it may eventually appear on the page, maybe not.I'm not doing it incorrectly because I've not had a problem with cut and paste prior to this. It's like it takes an hour to get it on the page, it's that slow.
    -if I click on anything on a page, the whole thing freezes. With Windows there's a kind of four-colour wavy box, it usually moves to show it's processing, well, it doesn't move, nothing moves. Sometimes, if I wait, the page I ask for will come up, sometimes not, and sometimes nothing else I click on will make it move out of this frozen mode. I have to delete the page and re-enter the address and try the whole thing again.
    -if I hit the " delete" key to remove a sentence , nothing happens. I highlight it and click on " delete" and nothing happens. I have to backspace it out, deleting each letter, one at a time.
    -sometimes I'll try to type something on a page, like sending an email to someone. The cursor will have a little " I" type thing that flashes showing where to start typing. Well, when I try, there are sometimes two of those- spaced about 5 inches apart and if I try to move one of the cursors or delete it, about 10 will appear all over the page in random order. I have to wipe out the whole page and start again.
    - if a page does come up, it tends to appear first as fragmented sections scattered all over the screen that eventually, after several minutes, pull together into a cohesive whole.

I don't know if it's a malfunction of the computer( no problems until the last week or so) , or maybe the keyboard is wearing out ( only a couple of months old) or that there's still some type of virus or something else that is causing all of this. It's as though everything has slowed down to such a slow mode that trying to move is either non-existent or like everything is frozen. Thank-you for any insight as to what may be happening here?

Please follow the instructions in the link below.

http://www.help2go.com/component/opt...viewforum/f,1/
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

When I click on that link it takes me to the main page of the Computer Help list of threads. Also, in typing the first sentence of this, this is what appeared I I I I II IIIIII III instead of the words, and I couldn't delete it either, or backspace to delete it. After waiting for a couple of minutes the words then appeared and I could proceed with typing.

Hi rio - I'm not familiar with Agnitum Firewall. You may need to go into Agnitum and adjust security settings.
    Have you checked your drivers? It may be drivers for your modem. Try this -
    'Start'>'Control Panel'>Double Click 'System'>'Hardware' tab>'Device Manager'>Do you see any yellow ? or !
    If you do, right click the device beside the yellow mark and then click 'Properties'>'Update Driver'>A Wizard will open>Click 'Yes, this time only'>'Next'. Follow the instructions in the Wizard.
    Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Thanks, I followed the first set of steps and checked. No yellow or ! .

Member Help2Go Moderator whoozhe's Avatar

Boot up into safe mode and try and restore to a previous time, before the trouble started.
    Click Start, All Programs, accessories, System Tools.
    Press F8 when booting up to access the menu.
    You could try the "Last Known Good Configuration" option 1st.
    Take control of your life. Leave others to control their own.

Sorry for the delay in following up on this. Computer crashed and I've had a heck of a time trying to get it back up.
    Thanks, whoozhe, I tried what you said, and it solved about 99 percent of the problems I had been experiencing. My computer is still slow, takes some time for a page to come up, it seems to sort of stop, and I have to hit the same thing again and it starts processing again, but the rest of the problems are gone so that's a big relief. Thanks again.