Default can i find history?

Hi all, new here.

Ok, im in need of some help...i am trying to find if Windows XP Pro stores the history of everything you do. i am in a predicament where i need to show someone the history of a particular folder, what i want to do is show them all the times and dates of when the folder has been opened and viewed, is there anywhere on the pc that stores this information which will conclude one way or the other?

appreciate your help.

Hi Laverda - If you right click on a folder and then 'Properties', it will give you details of when the file was created, modified, and last accessed. I don't believe that any other information is retained without the addition of specific system administration software. This would, of course, need to have been in use from when the file/folder was first created in order to log the information. I'm not 100% sure what, if any, software XP Pro may include to do this. Others will no doubt respond with possibly something more positive. Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

i remember once coming across a hack that in the registry turns off "activity history". to answer your question, i would say the inverse is yes it does. i don't delve deeper into system hacking so i didn't save it. sorry this is not much help but if only to confirm you are on the right track to keep searching.
    we are created with an equal opportunity to be unequal.