Thread: video card

Default video card

if my video card is broken i wouldn't see anything on my screen right?
    im having problems playing with games on my computer. the games won't work. but it worked before?! i know my computer is safe from virus and spyware coz i just finished scanning my computer for them. hope anyone can help.. thank you.

Hi blank - Try - 'Start'>'Run'>Type in dxdiag and click on ok. This opens DirectX diagnostics. Work though all the tabs and on some of the pages will be various tests. Run them all. Errors will be reported in the lower pane of the dx window. Note any errors and post in this thread by clicking 'Post Reply' below. Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

Under the display tab:
    + The system is using the generic video driver. Plese install video driver
    provided by the hardware manufacturer.

+ To test DirectDraw functionality, click the "Test DriectDraw" button above.

+ Direct3D functionality not available. You should verify that the driver is a
    final version from the hardware manufacturer.

*DirectDraw test results: All tests were successful.

I think the system can't detect my video card. I checked it the fan is still running?! :? Also tried cleaning the video card & tried switching it with an older video card the system detected it but can't with my current video card?!

Hi blank - If you don't know the make/model of your video card go here -
    http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html
    Download and run this free program and it should give you the details of your video card under the heading 'Display'.
    Go to the manufacturers website and download the latest driver.
    Alternatively, post the details of your card and someone will find the driver for you. Regards.
    I know everything about nothing, nothing about everything and precious little about the bit in between.
    P4-3.0G - Seagate Barracuda 160 - Maxtor 120 - Antec Hard Drive Cooler - 1GRam - Radeon9800Pro - Sony Multi DriveDVDRW - Audigy2 6.1 - XPHome

None detected?! Does it mean my video card is broken?! :cry:

Quote Originally Posted by bLaNk_919
    Could be, Is this an AGP card, a PCI card, or onboard?
    Comptia A+ and Network + Certified. Microsoft MCP in Windows 2000 Pro. Server, Advanced Server and Data Center Sever.

Hi blank - You took the card out. There must be some details names/ numbers/manufacturer on it. What are they? Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by bLaNk_919
    Could be, Is this an AGP card, a PCI card, or onboard?
    AGP

It was working before.. I dont know why it stopped working?! :cry:

What are the details on the card? Regards.